Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Virginia is for lovers

Six months ago Mike and I lived here:
 Then, we lived here:

And now, we live here:
 
 
So, in six months we moved across an ocean and then across a country.  Needless to say, it has been a very busy six months.  I left New Zealand with such sadness because it had grown to be our home and we had so many amazing friends and experiences there.  I suppose that is why I didn't write for so long, I was stuck in Post-NZ-adventure depression. After spending the holidays with our families, Mike and I were eager to be on another adventure and somehow found ourselves in Virginia.
 
As newbies to the Washington D.C. metro area we have already learned a few things:
  • It is never a good idea to drive into Washington. Ever. Traffic is a disaster here. Thank goodness we live close to the Metro.
  • Downton Washington is beautiful.  The buildings are beautiful, the city is clean, and everyone and everything seems very important. 
  • Humidity. Apparently, it is not even that hot yet but, I feel like I turn up to everything like a hot mess. I'm going to be a disaster come July.
 
Mike and I got very lucky and found a lovely place to live within our budget and within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and the Metro.  I told Mike I wanted three things: a tub, a nice kitchen, and a big closet. Mike being the stud that he is, found us a place with all three.
 
 
 







 As a bonus, I got to bring my furry monster, Peppo. Although he is a nuisance at 3am, having him around has helped immensely with the homesickness.

Thanks for not giving up on my little blog.  If anyone is planning a trip to the east coast and wants to couch surf with us, we would love to have you and we would love to show you around the city.

0 comments:

Post a Comment