Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Attempts at being creative

I like to consider myself to be a creative person.  When I was in 6th grade, we had a Medieval Festival where all the sixth graders drew out various roles (queen, king, jester, etc.) and I got to be a nun.  Although I don't have any photographs of this momentous occasion in my creative life, I can only assume it looked something like this:
At any rate, one of our assignments for the festival was to create a diary entry from the perspective of our character. I proudly stood in front of my sixth grade class beaming over my creative prowess as I read the diary entry that I created.  I don't remember the details but I'm pretty sure I joined the nunnery as refuge from my abusive father who used to lock me in closets (impressive, right?).

Lately, those creative juices have been seriously depleted.  In order to ameliorate the situation I have resorted to googling "creativity slump", there are some real gems in this google search but mostly I've just learned that I'm a lazy, procrastinating, perfectionist.  I've also found that I need to be inspired by others to be creative which leads to over-researching and in turn to a realisation of my ineptitude to create something unique.

Today, I've decided to overcome my slump by creating something, and found myself extremely motivated by the Typo shop on Queen Street which is full of creative awesomeness.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes, for now enjoy some stealth photographs of the awesomeness I spotted in Typo.
Cat salt and pepper shakers, at first they were cute and then they were creepy.
Cute owls

0 comments:

Post a Comment